Doha Metro Red Line
Route Nationale 77 – Djen Djen To El Eulma
A major infrastracture project - Design and construction of 110 km of highway
- Djen Djen, Algeria
- Bridges & Viaducts, Motorways & Roads, Tunnels
- Ongoing (Completion date: 2023)
- 110 km of dual carriageway;
- 54 viaducts;
- 20 overpasses;
- 15 underpasses;
- 12 interchanges;
- one 1.85-km-long twin tunnel;
- approximately 67 km of local road modifications and upgrades.
Design and construction of the National Route No. 77 has been identified as a key milestone for the economic and social development of the country.
The project, connecting the port of Djen Djen to the inland and the East-West motorway, will be a major economic catalyst and an important factor in restarting the whole economic regional sector.
The RN77 project is a challenging undertaking due to a number of specific factors and requirements:
- challenging geological conditions in the central part of the alignment;
- extreme meteorological conditions;
- deep excavation required to place piles and pile caps;
- location in a highly seismic area;
- management of multiple simultaneous work fronts with an average of 5,000 employees on site.