Multi-functional Center of Pregassona (Centro Polis)
A modern medical center responding to the elders needs, present and future
- Lugano, Switzerland
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- Completed: 2021
- Medical Residence 10,595 sqm;
- Total built-up area 11,900 sqm;
- Total external surface 5,600 sqm;
- 114 beds;
- 86 parking spaces.
Designed by the architect Rosario Galgano – was built to house:
- A medical residence for elderly people with 114 beds, including a ward dedicated to elderly people with cognitive problems with 31 beds
- A day center for people with senile dementia, which aims to improve the quality of life of patients thanks to socialization and cognitive stimulation programs
- The new headquarters of the Municipal Social Welfare Service (SAS), with the administration and the offices dedicated to welcoming the patients.
- A nursery with hosting capacity of 26 babies
- The largest integrated photovoltaic system in Ticino, on the building facade for an installed power of approximately 170 kWp equal to an area of over 1,600 square meters.